So, I thought I would give this blog a second chance. If nothing else it can be a place for the sisters in the ward to learn about what is going on in the ward and stake. Take a look around. Happy Blogging!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Help, I need sleep!

My little 7 month old, Keeley, has gone on strike and I don't know what to do about it. From 3 to 6 months she slept through the night. But right before Thanksgiving she quite. I didn't think much about it at first assuming she was going through a growth spurt or cutting teeth. But a month and a half later its driving me mad!! So, after doing a little reading most things I found said you have to let them cry. I had done that in the past and thought we would just do it again. However, she won't fall asleep. For the last two nights she has screamed for 45 minuets at which point I go in and pick her up. She shows no signs of giving up at that point. I have hear don't let them scream beyond 20 is that true? 45 minuets is a long time and I feel really bad making her cry for that long and then to ruin it by picking her up, Aggh! I'm sure many of you have had this problem any suggestion on what to do? Do I still need to let her cry? Is 45 minuets of crying too long?

Thanks, A Tired Mom

No comments: