So, I thought I would give this blog a second chance. If nothing else it can be a place for the sisters in the ward to learn about what is going on in the ward and stake. Take a look around. Happy Blogging!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christ in Christmas

I feel a little bad that Meg is the only one that is updating this great idea of a blog.  So here is my attempt to give a good tip.

Laurie over at Tip Junkie is having people post about ways they keep Christ in their Christmas.  I thought it was something we all might want to try to do a little more of.  I know I could use less of the commercialized materialistic Christmas, my wallet could too.



So go check out other's ideas and maybe add your ideas to the blog and then to the list.

1 comment:

Meg said...

First, Thanks Allison for the post (and support)! Secondly, all the blogs that I linked to from your post were amazing!

I though alot about what we do to have a Christ centered Christmas. It took a lot of thinking so that probably isn't the best. But, in our defense we are just getting started so we have time to developed these tradition. For our last FHE we talked about this same idea. Although things are tight for us this year (as they are for everyone, every year it seems) we have opted out of Christmas presents all together. We don't stand of need of anything and so we have decided to just do a few secret Santa presents for people don't really know. I'm excited it should be fun! Hopefully a family tradition that we will remember to keep in the future. Okay I'm sure we won't get away with no Christmas presents as our family grows but the giving part I think can carry through.
Also, I found the Christmas in a can FHE idea. I think we will do that next week. Does anyone have any other good FHE ideas for Christmas or the new year? Always looking.