True to my own personal fashion, I unabashedly ate way too much; too much for my personal dietary guidelines and far too much for what my poor jeans could handle. The holidays are always chock full of social occasions and I am finding that after each event my belt becomes just a little tougher to cinch and my pants a little more snug than just the day before.
I love to run but have found that I'm getting a little burned out. I'm back on the proverbial horse now but would like to mix things up with a little cross-training. I've got a nifty trailer to hitch on the back of my bicycle for rides with the girls but would like to add just a little something more.
My "something"....swimming. I've been toying with the idea of maybe going for a short triathlon sometime in future when I get the guts enough or, heck, time enough to adequately train and would like to take it a step further by actually having a go at a little pool time.
I've checked around and the Fayetteville YMCA seems to fit the bill. Free child care (for those with family memberships), a racquetball court for my boys to enjoy together and a free weight / circuit training option for those interested. I'm totally in it for the pool.Next month they're holding a special on registration. Bring in a blanket and the fee is waived (normally $50-$90). After that there's a monthly family membership fee of $59 or, if you prefer the one adult only membership, $29 (but there's no child care option without the family membership). There's no contract so you can cancel at any time. Also, the kids are welcome to join their parents in the pool which would be a blast for my girls.
Anyhoo...just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else is interested. It would do me a lot of good to get out and try some new - albeit scary - things next year and I've found there's strength in numbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment